Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 24



FOR TODAY, Monday, November 24, 2008

Visit Peggy's to discover what the other women are thinking and doing today.

Outside my window... it's very sunny and bright. The leaves of the trees are dancing in the wind and it's in the upper 50's outside.

I am thinking...that I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this Thursday. I have so much to be thankful for this year.

I am thankful for...the hope that God gives me each day and for the grace to persevere in prayer.

From the kitchen...we are having chili tonight, as it will be cooler by the time we eat supper, which will be following Mass and our walk.

I am wearing...my soft purple pants and a pink t-shirt.

I am creating...my Plurk social journal. I am also on Twitter and enjoy both social networks.

I am going...to be busy this week cleaning and cooking.

I am reading...my devotionals and Mother Teresa's Secret Fire by Joseph Langford.

I am hoping...for my special intention to be answered soon.

I am hearing...the whirr of the washer and the soothing hum of the dryer.

Around the house...it's fairly quiet this afternoon.

One of my favorite things...is celebrating Thanksgiving and giving thanks to God for his many blessings.

A few plans for the rest of the week: reading writing, cooking, cleaning, and decorating for Thanksgiving.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Some of the members of our small Oblate group are gathered here on the Feast of the Presentation of Mary this past Friday with Fr. Bernard, who came to visit from France. The day was a solemnity for our Community (The Community of St. John) and Fr. Bernard celebrated Mass in the home of one of the Oblates. In addition to the Mass, we enjoyed a gourmet meal prepared by Marie and enjoyed a wonderful evening of festivity together.

Comments

  1. Jean, do you have a big French religious community in your area? I was wondering because of Fr. Antoine too. This was a good photo to share. I really enjoyed seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots