The Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 17, 2008

Visit Peggy to learn what the other women are thinking and doing today.


FOR TODAY -- November 17, 2008

Outside my window...there's a beautiful clear blue sky, a light breeze is blowing through the orange, red, and brown leafed trees, and it's cool today -- in the lower 50's. It was in the upper 20's last night.

I am thinking...how much I like this time of the year. It's perfect for taking walks.

I am thankful for...so many things and the people the Lord has placed in my life, but especially for my faith and the chance to work at something I love.

From the kitchen...not much happening now, but I will be making lamb chops (which my dh picked up on sale the other day) with peas and sweet potatoes for supper.

I am wearing...pajamas. As usual, I was up writing and reading most of the night.

I am creating...and generating ideas in my head for all kinds of stories and articles I plan to write.

I am going...to get a lot done today (hopefully).

I am reading...Mother Teresa's Secret Fire by Joseph Langford. I 'm reading it very slowly and taking it all in, as there's much to ponder on in this book.

I am hoping...that I can get at least some of the things I have planned for today done.

I am hearing... the washing machine on the rinse cycle -- at least I am getting that accomplished.

Around the house...there is lots of cleaning to be done, but at least things have stopped breaking down, so I can accomplish what I had planned to do awhile back.

One of my favorite things...is to send out cards and notes to people for no special reason.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Write out my thanksgiving cards for family and friends and mail those out, get a few articles written, get some of my reading done, schedule appointments, attend square dance lessons, order some cosmetics, get everything ready for Advent season, and get all the winter clothes out. I have the Christmas cards and will start on those probably next week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots