Kenny Chesney Song Helps Save Unborn Child

A heart-rending tale of a reluctant young father discovering the joy of sacrificial love, Kenny Chesney's hit country song "There Goes My Life" has stunned audiences with its message of the sanctity of human life since its 2003 debut. The song even appears to have saved the life of at least one unborn child, according to a comment posted under the music video on Youtube, and has possibly played a part in saving others.

The lyrics, written by Neil Thrasher and Wendell Mobley, capture perfectly the quandary of a young man whose dreams are shattered when he learns his girlfriend is pregnant. "There goes my life," Chesney sings. "There goes my future, my everything. Might as well kiss it all good-bye." In the music video the father of the child is portrayed as a star football player who is forced to give up a promising career to care for his child.

The story fast-forwards two years later when the young man realizes his daughter was no "mistake," but as the chorus eloquently reflects, she embodies "my life, my future, my everything" that he was sure he had lost. The ending reflects on the father years later as he watches the now-teenage girl drive away to college, revisiting once more his agony of detachment after learning to love his daughter's life more than his own.

(To watch the music video, go here.)

Read the entire article here.

Comments

  1. That song always brings tears to my eyes. I've thought it very beatiful from the first time I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, isn't it?

    Thanks for commenting here. I visited your blog today and was really impressed.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Country Western music. They still sing about the things that are important to me: God, Country, Family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots