For Today: A Thanksgiving Prayer


Oh, God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work, help me
to remember the jobless;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer;
And, remembering, help me to destroy my complacency
and bestir my compassion.
Make me concerned enough
to help, by word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted.

~ Samuel F. Pugh

"For I was hungry and you gave Me food.
I was thirsty and you gave Me drink.
I was a stranger and you welcomed Me..."

~ Matthew 25: 35

Comments

  1. Wonderful!
    Happpy Thanksgivng, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Evann!

    I hope and pray that your day is filled with blessings!

    We have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots